Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter is here but so is the sun.

Lhasa winters aren't that bad at all. You know in the past I when I thought about Tibet I figured it would be one of the coldest places on earth. But this winter has been really nice. I can still go out and play basketball and be reasonably comfortable. The Northeast of China was much worse! And the reason you ask? Sure I am about 2 miles high, but I am at the approximate latitude of Tijuana Mexico. I figure the two miles up and the latitude kinda cancel each other out. The main factor is the sun! That thing is powerful here! The weather is dry and my lips have never been so chapped. But I do appreciate it, makes december very bearable.

Johkang Temple People

Well I am pretty much finished with my semester. And its December 11th!?! So... I guess I have a little more free time then I thought. Classes ended fairly well. Only a couple melt downs during the oral exams but overall I think it was a pretty successful semester. A lot of differences with my school in the North East of China but it has been an amazing experience. I am excited for the coming traveling and another semester here on the rooftop.

Mountain Climbing - Just to prove I was there

I hope you all are having a blessed holiday season and find the time to enjoy all thats around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments