Sunday, December 28, 2008

Butter Lamp Festival and Christmas

fire sweeper

Butter Lamp Festival came and went. There were a lot of people and a lot of authorities. My fellow teachers said it was rather toned down from the years prior. Yet I was still quite amazed by all the commotion and amount of incense.

THE BUTTER LAMP FESTIVAL!

Christmas went quite well. We have a few parties with different groups of people. Some involved games, santa claus costume making, soccer, uno, ugly sweater contests and lots of food. It was a fun filled holiday season. The last party was tonight with the English Department Teachers. Tomorrow I start my long journey to Thailand going through Xining, Xian, Hong Kong, Kunming and finally to Chaing Mai Thailand. I am excited for the trip and maybe more excited for the sleep I am going to get on the long train rides. Hope all is well and Blessings to all this Holiday Season.

Sweater Competition

special guest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments