Friday, December 19, 2008

sk8 in Lhasa

exhausting.

a few days ago Heidi's student Tenzin Chile invited us to go skating. I was stoked! It has been forever since I have touch a skateboard. As i entered this artist's house (i am not even joking... he is a professional artist) he busts out a nice deck (skateboard) rollerblades, and one of those twisty boards. (no idea what they are called)

We head out to his work unit. His dreads held back with his headband. I feel cooler just walking next to him. Then we get there and there is a large lot of smooth concrete. (believe me this is rare round these parts.) And we start to skate.

The skate crew

I have never been so tired! I though basketball and running wore me out. I ollied just a couple times and I was winded. Man...

By the end of the day I actually managed a couple tricks and jumps but boy did I have to work for it. Then we were off to his house for some sweet tea and a little UNO. Good times. Skate or Die... in Lhasa.

Poser pt. 2

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were such a sk8er Tony hawk! Are you inspired to grow dreads now? haha looks like you had fun :) Merry Christmas Seth!

    ReplyDelete

Comments