Sunday, September 21, 2008

Basketball. 4 hours later...

Another post about basketball, I apologize. Yesterday my buddy Gazang (not sure on the spelling) called me up to play ball around 3:45. The weather was beautiful and the games had some good competition. Before I knew it the sun was going down and it was 8 o'clock. This was by far my longest time playing. Then I started to feel it...

I made it back to my apartment just fine, but by the time I got there I was beat, didn't want to move beat. And so i drug myself into my shower because my body was starting to get cold. The hot water felt good, but yet something was still wrong. I wasn't sure what it was, until later.

After putting on several layer I crawled into bed, a hour or so later I wasn't cold anymore. Instead hot, really hot. And a feeling that doesn't usually come over me unless I am visiting Thailand.

Off to the bathroom I ran, sure enough my lunch decided it was time to go. Thankfully after that episode was over I felt pretty good. After a few swishes of mouth wash and countless cups of water that I spit out, I felt good enough to watch a couple episodes of Prison Break. I never thought I could get that sick from playing ball.

I still don't really understand. I was drinking water, so I don't think I was dehydrated. I don't think it was food poisoning. Either way I think I will take it easy next time. 2 hours instead of 4 at 3,000 meters should be enough basketball for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments