Thursday, October 2, 2008

Team Building - Team Tibet Style

October Holiday!!! You know what that means:
1. No Classes!
2. Chinese National Day
3. And Team building exercises.... not my favorite.

But this year was different. Much different.

For team Tibet University we went rock climbing and we all belayed for each other (held the rope). This of course built a stronger bond of trust between the three of us. We even were able to try some new routes that we (mostly Sarah and Craig since this is my second time out) were never able to do before. Who knows we may be able to climb the Chimney Rock we have been eyeing for the last couple weeks. We did get a few bruises and Craig had a pretty good drop before the rope caught him. It was the first real "long" fall he has had so I believe it made him a better climber.

Craig leading

As for the whole Lhasa teaching team our team building exercise was white water rafting. Another considerable step up from other team building exercises I have had in the past. Don't get me wrong it always fun hanging out with past teams... but somehow floating down a river in a beautiful surroundings makes everything more enjoyable.

Team Building - Tibet Style

We did look like skiers from the 80's with our bright blue and neon green wet suits but when I got it the water I was more then glad to be wearing the piece of fashion fau paux. We were tired by the end but had a wonderful time. My suggestion for all future team building exercises... include the water somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments