Thursday, September 4, 2008

Teaching Day One

My first day of teaching is over. It was really enjoyable. Not only do I get to interact with the students but I also get to interact with the Chinese/Tibetan teachers. I am really excited for this opportunity!
The day involved an interesting conversation with a Tibetan Businessman whose english was excellent. He took me out to lunch and told me of a club he had formed where he and a group of other Tibetans who were educated in mainland China were searching for their Tibetan identity. It is fascinating to see how the new generation of Tibetans are trying to rediscover what it means to be ethnically Tibetan. The conversation continued into many areas of each of our lives, then I headed off to check out his english club and help with adding some subtitles to a talk show for a class he will be teaching later.

Ended the day with dinner and a movie at Craig and Sarah's house and am about to head to bed before another big day of teaching... one class.

The view from my room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments