Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Easter from Siping!

Easter has come and gone. Although we didn't have a ham our KFC friend chicken served as a nice replacement. We had some of the new teachers over for a little piece of home for Easter dinner. Afterwards the Easter Bunny (played by Wu and myself) hid some eggs in the park for Sam and Matty to find. Since Matty can't quite walk yet... Sam had the upper hand. It was a very nice and quiet Easter.

As we remembered the sacrifice of the Son I can’t help but notice the changing seasons all around me. The weather has had its flashes of both cool and warm days but has been generally a very nice beginning to the Spring. Flowers are blooming, what little grass we have is now green and whatever tree hasn’t been pruned to within an inch of its life is starting to sprout flowers. There is a general feel of optimism and change in the air. But with this new change will undoubtedly bring a new understanding of the word busy. As this week marks our mid-way point through semester I know that the school year will be over before I know it. So with that in mind… I am off to enjoy the rest of my semester in Siping! Spring, I’ve missed you. I can’t wait to spend time together outside on blacktops and artificial turf and pavement. Winter I am not sad to see you go, but am sure we will see each other before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments