Friday, October 16, 2009

Plugging along

I find myself drained emotionally recently. It is amazing when you find things going well something always seems to come up. Yet I have been really encouraged recently by how my readings and teachings have always seemed to directly speak to resting in Him and realizing worry can be my lack of attention to Him. As I try to figure out a game plan to fix all the world's problems I realize I am not the One in control. There is a lot of comfort in that.

Class time has been going really well as well as my building relationships with my co-teachers and other colleagues. It seems there is always an occasion to hang out. And being that their English level is a bit higher then many in the city the conversations always seem to take a turn to the more meaningful. Perspective is an interesting beast. And there always seems to be another perspective out there.

Last weekend was the first time we have been really allowed out of the city, so we took the opportunity to do a bit of hiking and rock climbing. It was a blast but I was exhausted afterward. But an exhausted I was happy to be.

I hope He is enriching your lives and growth and wisdom, despite the pain that usually comes with the process. It is usually worth it, whether we realize it at that moment or not.

descent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments