Sunday, September 13, 2009

Camping

Now, space is a sacred thing in the west. We value our space. Don't get in it, keep the bubble, this is my land, this land ain't your land... I could go on. However this is not true in Tibet. When camping in the US our usual goal is to find a spot far away from everyone else. This isn't necessarily the case. I guess while our thinking is the farther away from someone the better, perhaps their thinking is "this must be a good spot, other people are here. We don't want to miss out, lets join them." The good news is all of us have been in asia before. Most of us 5+ years. So having a family picnicking right next to our camp site and starring at us doesn't even phase us anymore. I wonder if this is how famous people live? You just get used to the stares.

Anywho, the camping trip was a lot of fun. We got to know each other a lot better and hopefully prepped ourselves for another semester on the rooftop. Tomorrow, my first class with the new freshman class. Here we go on another semester... Hope those students are ready for me.

campfire pics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments