Friday, June 5, 2009

Home remedies from Class A 2009

Here are some of my students’ homework assignment about home and folk remedies for various ailments. Hope you enjoy:

Jill:
I have a good home remedy for a cough. I learned about it from my mother. Buy several oranges and burn one until it is black. Then (eat) have it. It’s also a good idea to drink some water. Sometimes it works. I don’t believe the remedy.

(at least she is honest)

Susan
I have a good home remedy for a cold. I learned about it from my own experience. I often have a cold. Chop up some ginger and cook it in wine. Then drink (it) them. And you better go to bed and rest. When you go out, you should put on more clothes (classic Chinese answer!) This always works.

Sheila
I have a good home remedy for a cough. I have learned about it from my grandmother. Cut a piece of ginger and add a pear. Boil them iwht some black sugar (not sure what black sugar is…) in water. Then drink the boiled water. And eat the pear. The is strange, but it is good for your cough. And this always works!

(I will try this as soon as I find that black sugar.)

Jason:
Drink a mixture of red peppers, hot water, lemon juice, milk and vinegar. It’s good for you.

(WOW! Sounds like a youth group dare to me.)

1 comment:

  1. black sugar is the brown sugar that's basically molasses. or at least, i THINK that's what black sugar is... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments