Friday, May 29, 2009

Lake Itso

24 hours later and I am still exhausted. But really... it was a great trip. I could slant it a couple different ways.

The pessimistic view:
Rain, snow, wind, 5100 meters, ridiculously small lake, two students were injured one which we had to carry down. Not many of the students brought enough clothes so many were too cold, no one knew where they were going and the bus drivers kept trying to rip us off.

The optimistic view:
We got to see Lake Itso!! This was the one spot where Sarah P. had not been to, and wanted to. We climbed over 5,100 meters! almost 5200 meters, (that about 17,000 feet!!) The weather although temperamental never got too cold or hot. We were also blessed to have a nomad show us the way to the lake. Very appreciated since none of us have actually been there before. Although it was hard everyone made all the way up and all the way down. In the end we were able to see everything and get home in one piece. All in all a very successful trip.

Our Nomad guide

So the next day I am here blogging and glad for the day off from doing much else but getting emails answered. Did I mention the trip was gorgeous?

The first people to arrive

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh. IS THAT THE LAKE YOU HIKED TO?!?! I don't think I could have controlled my laughter. That is THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete

Comments