Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Adventures of Parents... Lhasa pt. 1

They did it. They came and conquered!

Well at least they came and didn't feel out of breath the entire time. My Parents came to China last weekend and came to Lhasa last tuesday. They just left this afternoon and are on their way to Dalian in Northeast China to see some friends who went to school in Monmouth.

The first day was rather uneventful. I had to teach all day tuesday, so my parents, by themselves, got off the plane and took the bus to downtown Lhasa. (the airport is about 50 minutes outside of town) I met them at the bus station and went directly to a Tibetan teahouse and had some sweet tea and noodles. They handled it all like champs.

The First hour in Lhasa (tea house)The First hour in Lhasa (tea house)

After that we made our way back to my aparment and got ready for our next day which included the Johkang and shopping at the Barkhor.

Parents and Me Rooftop 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments