Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Monmouth, Oregon

Now I live in an amazing beautiful place all year long... but I am still how amazed the beauty of home.

As I woke up early this morning to a brisk morning temp of 53 I found myself surprisingly cold on my morning run, yet as the sun rose I found the flowers, fields and trees to be just stunning. I should be used to it, but I never am. It is always a pleasant shock. After spending my morning hanging out on the farm, checking out the new combines (John Deere this year) I grabbed a couple donuts and headed back home to walk around the old property and find what had changed in the last year.

As I walked the back yard my parents new dog Teddy followed slowly. Still not sure if he trusts me he was still willing to accompany me on the walk. After seeing the new projects around the property. A couple ponds are being built to hopefully encourage an endangered tree frog to live around here. Also the creek (stream... crick... whatever form of small flowing water you want to call it) is being modified so more local wildlife and plants won't be overtaken by some of the import beasts, such as nutria.

Its good to be home. Nothing like it in the world.

I hope things are going well this summer for everyone. I have enjoyed the first day back.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog. I shall follow it. Although, now that you are stateside I wonder if it will be updated less...hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments