Monday, April 27, 2009

Anzac and new and old friends.

This week has started out well. Starting with a fun remembrance of Anzac day on Saturday. A few of us got together at Heidi's and ate New Zealand snacks (thanks to her wonderful parents) and watched a couple New Zealand movies including Whale Rider. (not to be confused with the shoplifting movie star Winona Rider....) Whale Rider is an excellent introduction to New Zealand and Maori culture. After watching this movie i felt I could understand Heidi that much better.

I did my best to fit in by making a make-shift All Blacks Rugby Jersey. Not sure i pulled it off... but it's the thought that counts right?

NZ represent!

Sunday was a beautiful day where a group of us teachers met a former teacher and were able to spend some time with her. Despite recent health problems she was still able to join us on the rooftop and meet with former friends and coworkers. Such a blessing for all who is around. Our Father is good to us.

After a somewhat productive Monday I am almost ready for the week of teaching and traveling. My parents will hopefully be joining me here next weekend so I have to make sure all my loose ends are tied up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments