Thursday, March 4, 2010

Teaching, Back in action.

I am back in Lhasa and teaching is well underway. No new students but a new class. I have three classes where I am co-teaching the subject of intensive reading. This is where I basically come along side the local teacher and add my "expert" cultural experience to the text. Today I was teaching for the first time my new co-teaching class. The local teacher and I came across the word "figure." And the English definition was referring the figure of one's body... well then the lead teacher started to talk about the first king of Tibet. I was a bit confused, so i asked whether or not he had a nice figure. Then she realized what I asked she just started cracking up. She was trying to explain an "important figure in history," not the hot body of the first king of Tibet... My mistake.

As some of you know I live at quite a high altitude. This serves to be problematic for many who come up here. My first time here it was difficult to sleep and I often felt like I was suffocating if I laid flat. However, this transition has been my best yet. Almost no headache and only a little shortness of breath. I am not about to run a marathon, but I think I will able to start playing basketball again soon. I hope this March finds you all doing well. Be thinking of this area, it is always a little sensitive around this time.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I hear the Ming Dynasty had some hotties at the healm for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seth, I sent you a msg on fb some time ago but I figure you don't receive those messages. Just wanted to say that I am planning to go WHERE YOU ARE (T-land) in July 2011, and I want some advice from you. If you can shoot me an email whenever you're free, that'll be awesome. (cheung.bruce@gmail.com) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments